Author Archives: mariannemarch
I swear this list started off really short:
1. Too Faced Love Palette
The name says it all. Should I have resisted?
Am I glad that I didn’t? Of course!
Not only is it my first Too Faced Pallette but I’m convinced that it is their best pallette. Sorry, I’m not sorry. It is too good.
2. Fav Music: Major Lazer.
My fav songs are: ‘Be Together’ and ‘Lean On’. Don’t be shy, I know you will enjoy…
This movie is so stinking cute! At first, I was skeptical, I saw the previews and I thought “Eh!”
I’m delighted to report that my initial reaction was so very wrong.
You may or may not be aware that MAC has a program called ‘Back to MAC’ where you can bring in 6 empty/used-up products in exchange for a lipstick. Actually, all of my MAC lipsticks have been obtained in this manner. I love this color. It’s the perfect nude for my skin-tone.
5. Favorite Moment: Taylor Swift concert with my lovely sister
Good-freakin-grief, that was a fantastic show. Not only did the weather mystically stay clear despite impending thunderstorms, but Taylor looked great, she brought on a shirtless Jason Derulo, and everyone was given a light-up wrist band to wear which synced with the music. When I looked around the stadium packed with 45,000 fans, I saw that we were not just attending the show but our blinking lights made us part of the show.
Don’t you think pineapples just look friendly! I love to look at them. I keep seeing shirts and socks and other little things with pineapples on them and I (with the exception of one ittle t-shirt) have been resisting snatching up all of them.
They are so cute! You know it. I know it. The American people know it.
7. Fav App: Waze
Waze is a mapping application not dissimilar from Google Maps. What I really like about it is that you can warn other drivers and be warned about obstacles, hazards, traffic jams, and even speed traps.
Yes, deodorant. I’m writing about deodorant as a favorite thing. But this one smells really good and it lasts. Hours after application, I catch a little whiff and yaaaaaaas, I’m still smelling right AF
9. Southern Cobb Salad from the Publix Deli
Picture it: fried chicken strip pieces, praline pecans, apples, cranberries, blue cheese, cherry tomatoes, and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I don’t know if that explains well enough how fantasticly delicious this salad is but, gurl (or bruh, whomever) this salad is doin the damn thing. And it’s only 309 calories. Perchew?! Yes.
10. Water (I’m not giving you an image, I think you know what water is/looks like)
Summer in Geogia is hmmmmmmm… not a delight. It is hot. It is humid. (These are tremendous understatements). It is really important to stay hydrated, especially when even the shortest walk to the mail box will result in your poor, poor pores opening up and releasing more sweat than a southern belle would ever care to admit.
And, wouldn’t you know it, what they say is true! Water is really good for the skin. Which is helpful because concealer and foundation just cannot stand up to a southern-style heat wave. The sun, cruel mistress that she is, really does not appreciate a beat face. Such Rudeness.
1. Mica eyeshadow primer.
It creases, it sucks, moving on!
Apparently these jake-a’s can break off and cause all kinds of ruckus in your life.
You have been warned.
So there you have it: all of my favorite things from July and the things that I would love to have lived without.
I tried to be brief.
Did I succeed?
Are you still reading?
Anybody here but us squirrels?
Not that you asked but:
- I tried and failed to win tickets to the Mad Decent Block Party at the Masquerade. Therefore I will not seeing Major Lazer live and in person while dancing like a weirdo.
- Although my internship course credit is technically still ‘In Progress’, the semester is over and I have 3 gorgeous weeks ahead without classes. HO-YEAH!
- I have been killing it on the elliptical at the gym but I haven’t been feeling sore. Maybe I need to step my game up and go harder. Or maybe I just need to move on to actually lifting weights so I can really take this thing to the next level.
If you enjoyed this post, leave a nice comment, click the like button, or share with somebody who is as cool as you are, but not me, cause I’ve already seen it.
I know that autumn doesn’t technically begin until the end of September but with school back in session and Labor Day coming and going, I think we’re all starting to feel the season change.
So with that in mind, I have decided to share my fall to do list!
1. Drink a Sam Adams Octoberfest beer
2. Wear dark nail polish
I recently picked up this fab shade:
3. Drink some kind of pumpkin latte
4. Decorate a pumpkin
6. Burn my Pumpkin Pecan Waffle candle from Bath and Body Works
7. Rock a berry lip
8. Watch Rocky Horror like a million times
9. Admire the changing leaves
10. Wear boots and leggings (try to stop me)
11. Watch Halloweentown on Disney
12. Sport a costume
13. Watch Hocus Pocus
14. Make a yummy soup
15. Score some marked down candy the day after Halloween
16. Wear a cinch belt over a coat
17. Eat apple and/or pumpkin pie
18. Cuddle up with thick knit socks, a blanket, and a book
19. Layer different scarves
20. Wear fingerless gloves
What are you excited about doing this fall?
Not that you asked but…
I like how almost everything on this list is about food or fashion #mylifestory
I decided to indulge myself for my birthday, so expect to see a birthday haul very soon!
When I wrote this yesterday it was like 95 degrees, so much for fall!
If you enjoyed this post, leave a nice comment and let me know.
Also, feel free to hit the like button or share with people you like!