Good gravy, have my lips been looking janky!
Between the dry California air and all of the sun I’ve been getting, my poor pout has been suffering.
Desperate for help, I took to Pinterest to find a do-it-yourself plan of attack and I found this easy, two ingredient solution.
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
MIX ingredients together
Mine looked like this:
APPLY to lips
SCRUB for 20 seconds
REMOVE with a wet paper towel
Afterwards, you lips will feel smooth and very dry, you’ll want to apply a lip balm
- it works!
- both ingredients are commonplace, I found both in my grandma’s kitchen cupboards, if you don’t have honey you can substitute Vaseline
- easy cleanup, because I used my finger to mix the ingredients I only had to clean my mixing plate and teaspoon, which easily rinsed off with hot water
CONS (kind of)
- even though the recipe only called for 1 teaspoon of each ingredient, this was way too much for one person (if I make this again, I will cut the recipe in half)
Thanks for reading, happy Monday!Not that you asked but…
- I didn’t put on enough sun screen during my walk earlier and now I have a burn on my shoulders and chest. RUDE!
- I already wrote this post but for some [annoying] reason it didn’t save and I had to rewrite it. DOUBLE RUDE!
- The inspiration for this post comes from earlier today when I tried on my new matte pink lipstick and I instantly realized that my lips were a crusty mess
If you enjoyed this post, hit the like button or let me know in a comment below!